Edith In the Dark (2017)
by Philip Meeks
The play is set in the early 1900s in Edith Nesbit's attic room on Christmas Eve. As midnight swiftly approaches, Edith Nesbit gives a reading of her work. Not one of her cherished children's tales, but her terrifying early horror stories. As the stories unfold it becomes clear all is not what it seems.....someone in the attic is hiding a deadly secret.
- Stage Manager & Set Designer - Chaz Doyle
- Assistant Stage Manager - Kay George
- Lighting & Poster Designer - Bryon Fear
- Sound Design - Dave Hollander
- Operator - Siobhan Campbell/Anna Callender
- Rigging - Sean Thomas & Joel Thomas
- Construction - Mark Ireson & Bart Thomas
- Costume Design - Lisa Thomas
- Props & Set Dressing - Carole Ironside, Marcus Raku-Evans & Anna Rubincam
- Assistant Director - Anna Callender
- Production Photography - Peter Schneiter
I would like to thank the whole cast and crew for all their hard work, with a particular nod to Anna, Chaz and Bryon for their commitment to this project. David Somner, Amie Salmon and all at Stanley Halls including the Coffee Craft Crew. Cal Beckett and the Box Office Team, Jeanette Hoile and the FOH team, my parents and Amanda Hall for endless babysitting assistance and, finally, Marcus for his continuous patience and his support for my drama club (sic) hobby.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.