Close up the Walls (2012)
by Barton Young
Presented in a double bill with Something Rotten
- Close Up the Walls was written by Barton Young during prolonged night shifts as a security officer. The sounds, echoes and resonances of the piece are the back drop to the piece, cells slamming, people moaning, lives vocalised. The play reflects isolation, identification and the need to be someone, in an increasingly sterile environment when no one listens. This is Barton's first play to be produced.
- Ruth - Eileen Coan
- Chorus Members of the company
- Stage Manager - Caroline Durant
- ASM Francesca Blessley
- Operators Rachael Lovegrove & Daniel Kelly
- Set Design & Construction Gavin Parker, cast & crew.
- Lighting Designer - Gavin Parker
- Sound Designer - Andrew Rickinson
- Make up Francesca Blessley
- Poster Design Mark Davies
Emmaus, The Hope and The Park, box office, front of house and bar volunteers, the cast and crew of Jeffrey; Mark Bullock and the cast and crew of Eternity Awaits; the Patmore family, Dave Hollander and Mark Davies.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.
Edit Categories below - Bell or Prompt AND THEN REMOVE THIS MESSAGE!