Bury the Dead (1993)
by Irwin Shaw
Directed by Keefe Browning
The first production in 30 years of a rediscovered anti-war classic.
Time: The second year of the war that is to begin tomorrow.
Place: A field of battle somewhere in the world.
Several dead soldiers cause a panic at HQ when they refuse to be buried.
- Private Driscoll - John Moore
- Private Morgan - Simon Stringer
- Private Levy - Chris Pimm
- Private Webster - Philip Piacentino
- Private Schelling - Peter Medd
- Private Dean - Andrew Melville
- Joan Burke - Trudi Kent
- Bess Schilling - Sandy Girling
- Martha Webster & Whore 1 - Sally Hawkins
- Julia Blake & Whore 2 - Maxine Canham
- Katherine Driscoll - Vicky Kalnins
- Elizabeth Dean - Linda White
- General 1 - Alan Jarvis
- General 2 - Anton Krause
- General 3 - Peter Rochford
- Captain - Bill Pretty
- Sergeant - Tony Healy
- First Soldier - Stephen Cowles
- Second Soldier - Susan McAleaney
- Third Soldier - Fiona Daffern
- Priest, Editor & Charley - Malcolm Woodman
- Rabbi, Doctor & Business Person 1 - Melanie Sullivan
- Stenographer, Reporter & Bevins - Simon Hodges
- Business Person 2 & Radio Announcer 1 - Des Muller
- Business Person 3 & Radio Announcer 2 - Stephen Armley
- Stage Manager - Jane Codd
- Deputy Stage Manager - Pat Laban
- Assistant Stage manager - Rob Parke
- Design & Puppet Creation - Alan Buckman
- Lighting Design - Keefe Browning
- Lighting Operator - Sarah Walters
- Sound - Brian Fretwell
- Set Construction - Alan Buckman, Anton Krause & Keefe Browning
- Production Assistant - Lorraine Spenceley
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.