Black Widow (2001)
The peacocks oh the peacocks
by Paul Thain
Directed by Sue McAleaney
EDWARDIAN ENGLAND, WINTER 1909.
Murder,madness, ghosts and retribution are all themes of this complex and compelling drama. Lord Arlington is dead, apparently from food poisoning. Obsessed by Hamlet, his daughter Emily becomes convinced that her mother, Cressida, and family friend, Richard Harker are responsible for her father's death, and so resolves to exact revenge.
The action takes place in the house of Lady Cressida Arlington and in various locations around it.
- This play is in two acts.
- Lady Cressida Arlington - Anna York
- Lady Isobel Arlington - Pat Mill
- Emily Arlington - Sarah Archer
- Richard Harker - Peter Loftus
- Mrs Hodge - Denise Capon
- Det Cheif Inspector Aubrey Datchett (Retd) - Aidan Steer
- Dr Shawcross/Inspector Eaton - Stuart Barham
- Mabel - Emma Howcutt
- Dorothy - Lucy Sumner
- The Rector - David Wilmott
- Sergeant Charlton - John McAleaney
- The Voice - Andy Revel
- Set Designers - Adam O'Reilly & Sue McAleaney
- Stage Manager - Denise McAleaney
- Assistant Stage Manager - Andy Revel
- Lighting Design - Mike Elliott
- Lighting Operator - Alice Mill
- Sound Designers - Sue McAleaney & Andrew Rickinson
- Sound Operation - Sue McAleaney
- Set Construction - Adam O'Reilly, sister, mum and dad!
- Personal Assistant - Marian Buss
- Prompt - Lauren Goldsmith
- Costumes - Cast and Val Williams & SLT Wardrobe colleagues
And a special thanks to all those others who assisted and gave their support.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.
Edit Categories below - Bell or Prompt AND THEN REMOVE THIS MESSAGE!