Belcher's Luck (1976)
by David Mercer
Directed by Paul Beech
In Harry Belcher and Helen Rawstone, Mercer created two splendid protagonists. The conflict between these two powerful and articulate individuals is the clash of tow totally opposed codes of behavior, tow completely different ways of life.
Sometimes savage, often funny and always compelling, their struggle becomes a matter of survival with implications far beyond the decaying country estate of Sir Gerald Catesby where the play is set (in the summer of 1966).
- Lucy - Imogen Donnelly
- Harry Belcher - John Adams
- Sir Gerald Catesby - Bob Skinner
- Victor - Malcolm Archer
- Helen Rawston - Janet Blackley
- Production Assistant - Robert Heddon
- Stage Manager - Jean Warboyes
- Assistant Stage Managers - Malcolm Johnson, Mary Neal, Joan Ingram & Jack Fitzgerald
- Set Construction - Don North, Dill
- Lighting - Colin Stokes
- Sound Recording - Gerald Smith
- Sound Operator - Geoffrey Lill
- Wardrobe - Christine McMillan
- Front of House Manager - Helen Boutall
- Box Office Manager - Jean Warboyes
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.