A Day in the Death of Joe Egg (2007)
Directed by Angela Barnes
It is 1967. Bri and Sheila are trying to make the best of their lives. Their daughter, Joe, is 10 years old and has severe disabilities that mean she is unable to talk or walk, and is confined to a wheelchair.
Bri is a schoolteacher and hates his job. He sees no future for his family, and believes that Joe would be better off if she were dead. It falls to Sheila to keep the family together and try to break the daily grind.
Bri and Sheila resort to black comedy and a fantasy world where their daughter is given personality traits and is able to communicate with them about her life. Their friends and family struggle to understand the way they cope.
- Bri - Ward Trowman
- Sheila - Helen Chadney
- Pam - Samantha Golton
- Freddie - Guy Jones
- Grace - Jeanette Hoile
- Joe - Marnie Jacobsen
- PA/Lighting Design - Christian Murphy
- Stage Manager - Fiona Daffern
- Assistant Stage Manager - James Hough
- Lighting and Sound Operation Lee Ridgeway and Rachael Lovegrove
- Sound Design - Guy Jones
- Costume Design - Lisa Thomas
- Set Design - Simon Holland, Dave Hollander
- Publicity Design - Simon Holland
- Cowboy Painter - Michael Wilson
Some review quotes go here
Production photos by Mark Davies - click on thumbnails for larger images
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.