The Sacred Flame (2006)
Directed by Sarada Earnshaw
When the young, once-dashing cripple Maurice Tabret dies mysteriously in the night, his beautiful wife Stella is accused of his murder by Nurse Wayland. Why would Stella murder the man she loves? The Sacred Flame is the story of love, devotion and family. What would you risk for love? The Sacred Flame is one of 24 plays written by Somerset Maugham, an author better known today as a novelist (The Razor's Edge, Of Human Bondage). It is unusual among his plays because it brings his literary style into the dialogue, bringing a certain formality to the language.
- Maurice Tabret - Steve Ellis
- Dr Harvetser - John Thompson
- Mrs Tabret - Carole Coyne
- Nurse Wayland - Gemma Edwards
- Alice (a maid) - Shelley O'Halloran
- Major Licinda - Derek Dempsey
- Stelle Tabret - Pam Murphy
- Colin Tabret - James P Denny
- Stage Manager - Megan Tripp
- Lighting - Chris Liddle
- Sound - James Denny
- Lighting and Sound Assistant - Jill Fenton
- Drapes - Bernard Bullbrook
- "Some" photographs - Stefanie Mueller
- Set - cast and crew with Mark Ireson
- Publicity - James P Denny
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.