Steel Magnolias (1994)
Directed by John Mead
The action takes place in Truvy's beauty parlour, Chiquapin, Louisiana. Time: The present.
Act I, Scene I - April, Scene II - December.
Act II Scene I - June, 18 months later, Scene II - November
- Truvy Jones - Karen Nott
- Anelle Dupuy-Desoto - Lisa Ventham
- Clairee Belcher - Gail Arnold
- Shelby Eatonton-Latcherie - Maxine Canham
- M'lynn Eatonton - Maggie Cearns
- Ouiser Boudreaux - Su Hands
- D.J. - Andrew Melville
- Stage Manager - Sarah Walters
- Assistant Stage Manager - John Scahill
- Lighting Design - Bernie Bullbrook
- Lighting Operator - Anton Krause
- Sound - Brian Fretwell
- Set Design - David John
- Set Construction & Painting - Kevin Richardson, Sylvia Richardson, Sarah Walters & David John
- Production Manager - Bernie Bullbrook
- Properties - Linda White
- Transport - John Anderson
- Plumbing - John Peck
- Prompt - Frances Walker
- Production Assistant - Sally Grainger
South London Theatre Centre would like to thank the following for their help in providing hairdressing equipment and advice: Premier Hair and Beauty, Vale Road, Tunbridge Wells; Clip Round the Ear, High Street, Thornton Heath; Jigsaw, Streatham Hill, Streatham.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTCSLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.